Matt's freelance blog

Need a freelance writer? Look no further. What makes me tick? What goes on in the space between? Read on...

Name:
Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia, Canada

I'm a freelance writer that loves to travel, and try new foods. These blogs allow me to share some of each of those passions!

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Time flies

Well, it's been a while since I've written on the writing blog. so I figured now would be a good time to update on past material.

As I stated on my previous post, I've redirected some of my work towards other fields. Some of it back to my original work, and some towards my day job. As a result, I've had two articles published (actually, in the process of being published) on each asbestos and vermiculite in homes. As an environmental consultant, I encounter many of these things on a daily basis. I also teach quite often on these hazards, so these were easy pieces to put together. Anyways, one publication is going to have me do a series, so that's always welcome. Looks good on the portfolio.

The down-side to the day-job is that I do a lot of teaching, through several Provinces., meaning lots of travel, and not much time to write. I know, it's a sad thing to make excuses on why a writer hasn't written...but sometimes life happens, and something has to give. For a while, I let the writing slide. But I've decided that after my little vacation at the end of the month, I'm back in the writer's chair, pounding out queries and science pieces all over again.

I'm also looking at writing more travel pieces. Up to now, my travel clips have been "where not to go", although I've also written material more suitable for travel publications, such as my first article, on the Fundy Trail in New Brunswick. I've been doing lots of reading and research, so with any luck, I'll have some work in that field soon. After all , I do LOVE to travel! If you ever wish to follow some of my travel, feel free to check out my other blog, "M & M's Travel Blog".

And with that thought, I best get a cup of coffee, sit back, do some reading, and get some inspiration going. After all, the world awaits.