Matt's freelance blog

Need a freelance writer? Look no further. What makes me tick? What goes on in the space between? Read on...

Name:
Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia, Canada

I'm a freelance writer that loves to travel, and try new foods. These blogs allow me to share some of each of those passions!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

It's that time of the year again. Have you made your New Year's resolutions? I know at least one person who has decided that their resolution is to not make any resolutions. She probably has a good chance at keeping hers.

What resolutions have you made this year? For me, I have decided that I need to refocus my writing. Back when I started in the field, I dedicated time to writing each day / week. Over time, that's slipped. But that's going to change. I resolve to set up my writing time again, and to send out more queries. If I don't send out queries, then what are the odds of gettng an article in a publication? While I have had an editor contact me in the past to do a pieces that weren't queried, most articles I've had published have been generated by the query process.

Another thing I have decided is to start turning my writing back towards medical, science, and technology. Not that I'm turning my back on the men's magazine articles that I've written, but I also want to get back to my writing roots. I love writing about those things, so it's time to get back to it.

Speaking of getting back to it, that's it for this blog entry. Time to write.